No offers for Arsenal trio
Arsene Wenger says that Arsenal have not received offers for any of their stars but promised quality replacements if they left.
With the January transfer window now open speculation has centred on the trio of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Jack Wilshere, all of whom see their contracts expire in the summer.
We are open in any position for the exceptional player that can give us a plus.Arsene Wenger
Sanchez almost left the Emirates Stadium in the summer with Manchester City interested and Wenger is aware that, with their contracts running down, there may be interest in all three throughout this month.
At a press conference ahead of a home game against Chelsea on Wednesday, Wenger said the club would adapt whatever happens, but stressed that there had been no offers for the players so far.
He said of the prospect of seeing the trio leave: "First of all we have not lost them yet, and secondly we will respond to that by bringing in players of top quality.
"This club has lost many big players and has always responded well. Massive players have left this club and the club will always be in a strong position on that front. But you want to keep your best players, yes."
The Arsenal boss added that, whatever happened with his big names, he is on the look-out for players to improve his squad.
"We are open in any position for the exceptional player that can give us a plus," he said.
"It depends a bit on the injuries as well, on the other hand it depends who will manage to extend the contracts of the players who are at the end of their contracts in June."
Arsenal are 3.30 to win on Wednesday night with Chelsea 2.35 and the draw priced at 3.40.
Sanchez is 2.62 to score at any time in the game.
Both Arsenal and Chelsea are in FA Cup action at the weekend, both facing Championship opposition with the Gunners at Nottingham Forest and Chelsea travelling to Norwich City.
View all Soccer betting